We are monitoring the unprecedented developments around the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation closely, keeping those affected in our hearts.
Although our physical offices are closed, our team is working tirelessly from home. We are committed to fulfill our responsibilities to you, our clients and continue to serve you in full capacity.
At REMI, providing safe and clean environments for our residents and colleagues is always a top priority. We are taking steps which include:
– Caretakers, janitors or resident managers are instructed to clean and sanitize highly used areas such as doorknobs/handles/handrails, door push bars, light switches, elevator call buttons, access card readers and key locks
– Buildings with washroom facilities, amenity rooms, and fitness centers will be wiped down more frequently
– Council meetings are conducted via REMI’s virtual platform, at no additional cost
– AGM’s may be deferred and postponed to a later time
– REMI has implemented technologies to enable employees to communicate and conduct business as usual
– Owners are encouraged to login to their personal Strata Owner Accounts to view documents, pay strata fees, and make service requests. We are also reachable by phone at (604) 530-9944.
We received several notices from trades and contractors advising that their services may be interrupted or limited at this time. We ask owners and residents to be patient if the contractors are not able to respond as quickly as we would like them to, while we are managing the situation to the highest degree possible.
We will continue to monitor the situation and communicate with you as required. Between us, we will get through this with minimal disruption and maximum safety for all Owners and Residents. Thank you for your attention and patience.
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS:
Q: Can I reach the strata/property manager for my building during the Coronavirus outbreak?
A: YES! You can call our office at (604) 530-9944 between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday. Phone calls are continually answered by our team. You may also email your manager directly. Emails are answered within two business days.
Q: Do we have to continue paying strata fees?
A: Under the current crisis, there are no provisions in the legislation for a Strata Corporation to defer strata fees payment. Strata fees are necessary for operations to continue, and suppliers and contractors are still working to provide essential services at the building.
Q: Do I have to pay rent?
A: In short, the answer is Yes. Tenants are recommended to review the COVID-19 provincial supports by the BC government and the COVID-19 Economic Response Plan by Federal government.
Q: How can I pay my strata fees/rent?
A: The best way to pay your strata fees or rent is via the Strata Owner Portal, or Tenant Portal respectively, as mail may be delayed during this time. If you need assistance with registering the portal, please contact our office.
Q: What should I do if there is an emergency after business hours?
A: For after hour emergencies, please call our office at (604) 530-9944, press “1”. Our licensed managers will continue to take calls and respond to the needs of owners and residents.
Q: I am a vendor and have done work for the building you manage; will I get paid?
A: YES. We continue to process two cheque runs each month. Please ensure all invoices are emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
206-8678 Greenall Ave
V5J 3M6, Canada
Unit 202, 8047 – 199 Street
V2Y 0E2, Canada